Deadline: September 3, 2021 – Deadline has passed, program information retained as FYI and an example for the next academic year.
The Iowa Space Grant Consortium (ISGC) Graduate Fellowship Program is designed to support outstanding graduate students pursuing NASA-aligned research opportunities in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) disciplines. Program goals include alignment with the NASA Mission Directorates, encouragement of qualified individuals to continue in a space science or aerospace-related field, support of research infrastructure at our member institutions, retainment of U.S. graduates, and diversity promotion.
- U.S. citizen
- Full-time enrollment at Iowa State or University of Iowa as of August 2021
- Enrolled in a minimum of 9 credits per semester or 1 or more credits on assistantship
- Graduation date no earlier than May 2022
- Must be accepted into an MS or PhD program (STEM field)
- Currently working on a faculty-mentored research project that has NASA STEM relevance
- Good academic standing (minimum 3.0/4.0 GPA)
Funding is competitively awarded based on complete application information including academic qualifications, research project, NASA alignment, and faculty letter of recommendation. A total of eight (8) awards of $4,000 will be processed before the end of the Fall 2021 semester. The awardee will receive funding as a stipend applied to their university account after receipt of an acceptance form.
Awardees will need to provide an unofficial transcript upon graduation and agree to participate in a NASA longitudinal tracking process that surveys student progress and eventual employment outcome to help assess the effectiveness of our program and STEM retention efforts. The ISGC director, in consultation with a consortium review committee, will make award selections.
- Complete the fellowship application
- As part of the application, you will be asked to upload your most recent unofficial transcript (unprotected and unsecured PDF)
- Faculty advisors must submit a recommendation letter online that describes the student’s role within a STEM research project. A second recommendation letter is optional that addresses the student’s broader qualifications. Forward URL: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/9559dd455c0845fa9fc22f4c9358f1d0 to your mentor.
- Females, under-represented minorities, persons with disabilities, and U.S. military veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Send inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org.