Deadline: September 3, 2021
The Iowa Space Grant Consortium (ISGC) Graduate Fellowship Program is designed to support outstanding graduate students pursuing NASA-aligned research opportunities in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) disciplines. Program goals include alignment with the NASA Mission Directorates, encouragement of qualified individuals to continue in a space science or aerospace-related field, support of research infrastructure at our member institutions, retainment of U.S. graduates, and diversity promotion.
- U.S. citizen
- Full-time enrollment at Iowa State or University of Iowa as of August 2021
- Enrolled in a minimum of 9 credits per semester or 1 or more credits on assistantship
- Graduation date no earlier than May 2022
- Must be accepted into an MS or PhD program (STEM field)
- Currently working on a faculty-mentored research project that has NASA STEM relevance
- Good academic standing (minimum 3.0/4.0 GPA)
Funding is competitively awarded based on complete application information including academic qualifications, research project, NASA alignment, and faculty letter of recommendation. A total of eight (8) awards of $4,000 will be processed before the end of the Fall 2021 semester. The awardee will receive funding as a stipend applied to their university account after receipt of an acceptance form.
Awardees will need to provide an unofficial transcript upon graduation and agree to participate in a NASA longitudinal tracking process that surveys student progress and eventual employment outcome to help assess the effectiveness of our program and STEM retention efforts. The ISGC director, in consultation with a consortium review committee, will make award selections.
- Complete the fellowship application
- As part of the application, you will be asked to upload your most recent unofficial transcript (unprotected and unsecured PDF)
- Faculty advisors must submit a recommendation letter online that describes the student’s role within a STEM research project. A second recommendation letter is optional that addresses the student’s broader qualifications. Forward URL: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/9559dd455c0845fa9fc22f4c9358f1d0 to your mentor.
- Females, under-represented minorities, persons with disabilities, and U.S. military veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Send inquiries to: email@example.com.