Deadline: September 4, 2020 (This information is posted for reference only.)
Opportunity is now closed as the deadline has passed.
The Iowa Space Grant Consortium (ISGC) will award fellowships to support outstanding graduate students pursuing NASA-aligned research opportunities in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) disciplines.
- U.S. citizen
- Full-time enrollment at Iowa State or University of Iowa as of August 2020
- Graduation date no earlier than May 2021
- Must be accepted into an MS or PhD program (STEM field)
- Good academic standing (minimum 3.0/4.0 GPA)
The awardee will receive $3,275 as a fellowship applied to their university account after receipt of an acceptance letter. Awards will be processed before the end of the Fall 2020 semester.
In accordance with the eligibility rules listed above, a total of eight (8) awards of $3,275 will be provided to the students who have the highest academic merit, have submitted a transcript and recommendation letter, and have identified a research project focused in a NASA-aligned STEM discipline, which directly aligns with NASA’s Mission Directorate and strategic objectives. Awardees will need to provide an unofficial transcript upon graduation and agree to participate in a NASA longitudinal tracking process that surveys student progress and eventual employment outcome to help assess the effectiveness of our program and STEM retention efforts. The ISGC director, in consultation with a consortium review committee, will make award selections. Females, under-represented minorities, persons with disabilities, and U.S. military veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Complete the fellowship application
- As part of the application, you will be asked to upload your most recent unofficial transcript (unprotected and unsecured PDF)
- Faculty advisors must submit a recommendation letter that describes the student’s research. A second recommendation letter is optional that addresses the student’s broader qualifications.