Applications are submitted through NASA’s Intern website. Students can complete one application and be considered for hands-on research experiences with multiple NASA research centers. The Explore Opportunities bubble on the NASA intern page will get you to a list of projects by selecting the internships link. Applicants will be more successful if specific projects at centers are selected according to qualifications and research interests. Use the search box to enter your desired research area. NOTE: All uploaded documents should be in PDF format.
- Spring 2023 session: January 23 – May 12 – Deadline is November 11, 2022
- Summer 2023 session: June 5 – August 11 – Deadline is March 10, 2023
To apply, please visit this website: https://intern.nasa.gov/ (see notices and updates – button provided top right).
Once you apply online through the NASA system, please complete our questionnaire to enable the ISGC to assist with placement: ISGC Sponsorship Student Request. Within the survey you will be asked to supply ID’s of your opportunities with Center acronyms and PDF’s of your latest transcript/s and resume.
See this bulleted list for great information to assist you in the quest for a NASA Internship:
- Ten things you can do now to apply for a NASA Internship
- Five misconceptions about applying for a NASA Internship
- NASA Virtual Student Informational Session – loads of great tips for applicants
- General Tips: Start with a document saved for assistance with a spelling and grammar check. Skills, etc. can then be updated as you move through the application process. Every opportunity is a separate “apply now” action, therefore, save time by having a prepared draft application with prepared text to copy and paste.
- List all computer, technical, soft skills and experiences applicable to the opportunity
- List self-taught skills and hobbies
- Complete the “Why you want to be a NASA Intern” paragraph, what can you bring to the table for NASA, make a compelling argument
- Upload buttons are available for all documents such as: 1. Most recent transcript, 2. Resume, 3. Letter/s of recommendation
- Do not wait until the applications deadline to apply, mentors select early, all through the process/window