Deadline: June 21, 2021 by 4:00 p.m. – Deadline has passed, program information retained as FYI and an example for the next academic year.
Six (6) scholarships of $3,400 will be awarded to support outstanding undergraduate students pursuing a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) disciplines that support NASA’s mission (Preservice STEM education majors also qualify).
- U. S. citizen
- Full-time enrollment at DMACC, Drake, ISU, Loras, UI, or UNI as of August 2021
- Graduation date no earlier than May 2022
- Majoring in STEM disciplines (includes Preservice STEM education majors)
- Good academic standing (minimum 3.0/4.0 GPA)
Funding is competitively awarded based on complete application information including academic qualifications, NASA alignment, and faculty letter of recommendation. Awardees will need to provide an unofficial transcript upon graduation and agree to participate in a NASA longitudinal tracking process that surveys student progress and eventual employment outcome to help assess the effectiveness of our program and STEM retention efforts.
- Complete the scholarship application
- As part of the application, you will be asked to upload your most recent unofficial transcript (unprotected and unsecured PDF)
- Faculty advisors must submit a recommendation letter that describes the student’s overall academic achievements and attributes. A second recommendation letter is optional. Forward this request to your mentor by email with the following URL for online submission: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/2ebbf765bc2249d987d05952c3e0d3f8
- Females, under-represented minorities, persons with disabilities, and U.S. military veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Preliminary announcement date for awards is July 23, 2021, contingent upon availability of NASA funding.