Deadline: June 26, 2023 by 4:00 p.m.
Ten (10) scholarships of $3,000 will be awarded to support outstanding, incoming freshman, undergraduate students pursuing a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) disciplines that support NASA’s mission (preservice STEM education majors also qualify).
- U. S. citizen
- Full-time enrollment at DMACC, Drake, ISU, Loras, Morningside, UI, or UNI as of August 2023
- Majoring in STEM disciplines (includes Preservice STEM education majors)
- Good academic standing (minimum 3.0/4.0 GPA)
Funding is competitively awarded based on complete application information including academic qualifications, and mentor letter of recommendation. To be considered, an applicant must describe leadership or service within your community and describe financial need. Awardees will need to provide an unofficial transcript upon graduation and agree to participate in a NASA longitudinal tracking process that surveys student progress and eventual employment outcome to help assess the effectiveness of our program and STEM retention efforts.
- Complete the scholarship application:
- As part of the application, you will be asked to upload your most recent unofficial transcript (unprotected and unsecured PDF)
- A mentor must submit a recommendation letter that describes the student’s overall academic achievements and attributes. Forward this request to your mentor by email with the following URL for online submission: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/a4a9b8d865834a698e4f5f6d30865486
- Females, under-represented minorities, persons with disabilities, and U.S. military veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Preliminary announcement date for awards is July 31, 2023, contingent upon availability of NASA funding.
This online announcement is available on the ISGC website: https://www.iaspacegrant.org/funding/undergrads/.
Released April 6, 2023, Updated June 20, 2023